Thursday, February 28, 2008

not suitable for public

Okay so yesterday my goal was for ALL of us (me, Eva, and Addie) to accomplish 3 relatively simple tasks.
GO to storytime.
Pick up Eva's 1 year old pictures at the mall and let the kids play in playland.
Eat lunch.
STORYTIME: They had a sub who was so exuberent and energetic she read about 15 books. All the kids were screaming by the end of it. I then had to pay my late fee (which I was annoyed about because they never emailed me about it). Eva in the mean time started pulling book after book off of the shelf. I crammed them all back on the shelf. And wheeled the stroller towards the movies. She was like fighting me and arching her back so I quickly grabbed 3 movies and we went to the new "self check out" where I had to throw about 400 kids books on the counter while holding eva in one arm with the stroller falling over and Addie trying to scan them all herself. We left.
MALL: Picked up Eva's pictures and headed to the playland. I was realling hoping it wouldn't be WWF crowded toddler wrestling style but it was. Eva was crawling across the ground when a 40 lb 3 year old raced into her and she went flying. She was screaming so loud I ran over to her and picked her up and she had a mouth full of blood. It was like dripping all over her shirt. I kinda freaked because I thought she knocked out her front tooth that she just grew in. After we cleared out the blood I realized it was just a slice through her lip. That was good but I was annoyed the mom of that kid watched the whole thing and didn't even say anything. I was shooting her looks of death. We left and went to see the puppies.
Lunch: BURGER KING drive thru. uneventful.
Anyways, today Addie claims she wants to "get out of the house" but I'm really doubting the wisdom in that choice. I'm thinking we should just stay in a padded room.

1 comment:

kim said...

I hate those playtime brawls -- and rotten moms. We once had our kids playing at one of those and this one mom told her kids to stop climbing over something. The kids protested that other kids were doing it and she said, loud enough for EVERYONE in the play area to hear, "Those kids are BAD." Oh my gosh, Jason practically had to hold me back from stalking over there and showing that snot what BAD kids act like!