Saturday, November 13, 2010

I know.....

I've always been kinda a keep it all too myself kinda gal. But as I've gotten older I feel like I am who I am and people can take me or leave me.
I just want to share somethings about my beliefs and why I believe them.
I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Saying that reminds me of the song that Addie sings in Primary which you really couldn't call singing...more yell/screaming.
Had a slight wakeup call because recently a close friend decided to leave our church suddenly and she took her name off the records and everything. Made me discuss alot of things with her and other friends and got me really thinking and praying.
Here is what I know.........
Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. He loves me entirely and has helped me through a ton in my life. When I felt all alone he was there for me and I've felt forgiven for my sins through his atonement.

I love the Book of Mormon. I made a goal recently to just read everyday until I felt like the spirit had told me what I needed to know. Everyday I learn something new or feel like a truth is impressed upon me. Sometimes it is just one verse...sometimes it is many. I have felt the spirit tell me it is a true book and not a man made book but one that is a historical account. That has given me a knowledge of things that I can't go without. Although I enjoy certain Bible stories and also get alot from and read the New Testament I feel the BOM is what helps me on a daily basis. I've always been a reader since I was a kid. I feel like the spirit teaches me through the written word.
So therefore if the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God
then Joseph Smith was truly a prophet
then The Church of Jesus christ of Latter Day Saints is true.
That's how my testimony is founded/based on and I often go back to my personal testimony. Is the book of mormon true? Has the spirit witnessed this to me? And I say without doubt Yes it has.
There are so many things I don't totally understand. There are many things that are controversial in our church history and some could be true some might not be. I've heard probably all of them.
I have the knowledge of Jesus Christ as my savior, and the blessings of the priesthood, and the awesome opportunities to serve my family and in church and the world. Although I know no man or woman is perfect I know God is perfect and he will forgive us for our shortcomings as we repent.

So that is what I know.

No comments: