Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the eve of Eva

as we played Uno tonight and totally got creamed by Eva I remembered ......
2 years ago tonight Eva was still hiding away unseen and unknown.

The warm weather reminds me of that same night and the sun shone that day.

I was 8 days overdue and I was more than ready to be done with maternity life.

Like today I remember aimlessly wandering the house...doing dishes, helping Addie with whatever activity she was dreaming up, and going to church. And I was unaware she would come shortly after midnight.

my feelings that night were all positive...I'd gone through it once before and felt prepared I just felt at peace. I wrote in my journal. I prayed. I bathed. I cleaned. I made a bed for my dad who was going to watch Addie. I made smoothies....

and I got to the hospital after midnight and she was born underwater at about 1:00 a.m. Feb. 12th.

and she came out screaming her lungs out!
so much for the peaceful birth making a peaceful baby :)

now I can dream of that night.... and my beautiful Eva.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

That is such a sweet post!! It was like the smoothest delivery known to man I think... LOL! I can't believe it's been 2 years!! MAN, time flies when you're having fun huh?? I'm sure glad we got to be pregnant sisters together though!

Chapman Channel said...

that's so sweet--I love it--how we love Eva!